My favorite things about Spring/Summer is how it’s just fun to dress up. Sure, there’s less layering but so much color, prints and texture. Straw-like materials like raffia, kinkahe, rattan, wicker, jute and abaca have become THE texture for this season for its laidback yet structured looks. The cool thing about the material is that it’s perfect for accessories (From hats to shoes) and you can keep rocking it long after the summer’s over. It’s a great statement piece that will get a lot of attention coming your way. It’s also great way to feed the wanderlust no matter where you are. Check out some of my favorite pieces below. Some of these pieces might be out of budget for you but I included some Zara since they have some great and affordable options of this trend.
Left to right from the top:
- Unravel Co. Elizabeth Crossbody Bag
- Zara Braided Mules
- Zara Minaudiere Bag with Braided Handle
- Anthropologie Emmie Raffia Drop Earrings
- Miista Noa Raffia Woven Mid Heels
- Rachel Comey Rona Bag in Washed Red
- Miista Nina Ruby Raffia Mid Heels
- Zara Rigid Handle Tote Bag
- Loeffler Randall Cruise Tote in Rainbow
- Abaca Store Small Amaro Bag in Natural
So, what do you think? Share your thoughts on this trend in the comments.