For this Halloween I found this great Refinery 29 article about nail art inspired by the spookylicious holiday. My favorite nail art is the splattered blood from “Dexter” looking mani. I instantly became obsessed with it and decided to get it done by Halloween weekend. The mani was a success (I mean it’s supposed to look like a bloody murder just happened on your nails, right?) and here are some steps to getting your bloody mani done.
- Nail clipper
- Cuticle pusher
- Cuticle remover
- Coffee stirrer/straw
- Small and disposable container or surface for the nail nail polish
- Red and white nail polish [I used Sinful Colors (99 cents at Walgreens!) polish in “Snow Me White” and “Ruby Ruby”]
- Top coat
- First you have to prepare the surface of the nail before the painting and messiness begins. Snip and buffer the nails (I like my nails short and neat).
- For the cuticles I use Sally Hansen’s Instant Cuticle Remover. I spread it on the cuticles, leave it on for approximately 10 seconds, push the cuticles and then rinse it off with warm water and soap. Use a cuticle clipper if you have some left.
- Apply ridgefiller so the nail polish can have an even finish.
- Apply 2 (or 3) coats of the white nail polish and let dry.
- After the white polish is completely dry, tape each of your fingers so only your nails are exposed.
- Pour some red nail polish on the disposable container.
- Take some red polish with the coffee stirrer and blow on each of your nails until you get the desired effect. Let dry.
- Finish with some top coat.
- Show them off.
Have a great Halloween and don’t go too slutty, because it’s still slutty. NO EXCUSES.
Hasta el próximo post. Ciao!!
Till the next post!! Ciao.