Lady Goodman is a Puerto Rican blog (created in September of 2010 until January of 2013 as Pink Wedges) that focuses on both fashion and music. I write about high end fashion as inspiration to use in buying/wearing more affordable garments. I support local business and creativity. I write about local and non local bands that I love. The language of the blog has changed. It started as a Spanish blog, then bilingual, then English, and now back to both Spanish and English.
Why Lady Goodman?
Why not? The name Lady Goodman comes from the film “Almost Famous”. Lady Goodman is Kate Hudson’s character’s real name. She’s known throughout the film as Penny Lane which comes from a Beattles song so her real name remains a mystery during most of the film.
Here are a few things about me, Sheyla:
- I’m in my 20s.
- Born, raised, and currently living in the West coast of Puerto Rico. Contrary to popular belief, we only see loincloths on Halloween and on November 19 in schools.
- Currently pursuing an online MFA in fashion merchandising at Academy of Art University.
- Majored in Math with a concentration in Education.
- Learned to speak English by watching TV. I was about 4 or 5 years old. First time I visited the states was in 2008 (I was 21). Lesson from this: TV doesn’t rot your brain, it enhances it.
- I’m not wealthy nor have a trust fund so if you’re looking for a photo blog of someone wearing designer garments, you’re in the wrong blog. I do feature designer garments as sources of inspiration but I don’t wear high end designer (unless it’s vintage).
For reviews, interviews and business proposals, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com